Monday, October 06, 2008

Hour of Victory Demo

I probably should have thought more about the description of the download. A highly anticipated WWII Action shooter. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that it meant First Person Shooter. I was suddenly reminded of why I don't play them without my trusty keyboard or mouse. Analog sticks are just retarded to play FPS on. I'd rather use trackballs.

The game looks nice. That's about all I can say about it. If you like FPS on consoles, and like WWII, this would probably be a nice game to grab. Personally, I think you're better off with Call of Duty 4 (which I haven't played, and have no real intentions to do so on Xbox) or Battlefield 2 (which I own on PC). CoD4, from what I've heard, is one of the best FPS games on the Xbox, and I just love BF2 on the PC. You don't get better than either of those for modern combat.

I can't recommend this because of my bias towards FPS on consoles. I'm sure if you like that sort of thing, this might be worth picking up. I'd say it's worth at least a rental, even though I couldn't play it for more than five minutes.

No comments: