Monday, August 25, 2008

Facebreaker

I decided to pick up a few demos off of XBox Live. The first I picked up was Civilization Revolution.
The next gave I've grabbed was Facebreakers. It's a cartoonish boxing game that reminds me a lot of Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. The Demo doesn't offer much to do other than practice or one round of boxing. Either way, it is kind of fun. I say kind of because you can't really get much of a feel for the game with just one round.

To fight that single round of boxing, you have your choice of five different characters (two of which are default 'Create a Characters') and two locations to fight. I still haven't actually gotten three knockdowns in one round, but I wasn't really trying. But the boxing is fairly simple, and easy to do. From this demo, it seems that every match will be won by whomever is the best button masher. There isn't much strategy to it.

I'm nto sure if I can recommend this game or not. The demo doesn't offer much, and it just seems like it would have very repetitive. Unless this game has an amazing story, or at least a funny one, I can't see this game as being very good. This might be something that I have to rent and revist.

No comments: