Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update

Oh, how my dreams and aspirations are killed by my own reluctancy to break away from Final Fantasy XI. Right now I'd like to update the games that I'm currently playing. On the DS, I have Final Fantasy IV. I have a feeling I'm going to burn straight through this. On the XBox 360, I have Blue Dragon. I'll be switching back to this when I'm done with FF4. Since I can't pull myself away from FFXI, I've decided that I'm going to bounce back and forth between meritting and levelling a new job to 75, rather than my busy work of just chatting with people and doing Campaign.

Why is this a good thing? For those of you who have never played FFXI, you can't do a whole lot by yourself in the game. If you've played any other FF game, you'd come to expect this. How people are surprised by this when they first pick up the game, is beyond me. Since I'm lazy and don't build my own parties of six people, I throw up my party flag and wait for someone to send me an invite. Depending on time of day, number of people on, and how many other people are out XPing, you can wait from five minutes to five hours waiting for a party.

Since my Warrior is only 56 now (I'll probably have an update for FF this week) and I don't like meritting on my party magnet (Bard) I've decided that in my down time, I'm going to pick off the list of games in my backlog. As I mentioned previously, FFIV and Blue Dragon are the first two on that list. After those, I'm probably going to move back to Professor Layton and Tactics A2 (like I mentioned in my opening post).

If I wait too long, I'll be redoing Chrono Trigger for the DS, since Squenix has stated they have added new content. I'd also like to finish up Final Fantasy 3 some day. Lunar DS is another one that's high on my list. But before I touch Lunar, I'd really like to beat Vay, which I probably haven't played in two years. So hopefully I either kick my FFXI habit, or I get long days without parties.

Oh, before posting this, I did a quickie of Civ Revolution. So you'll see that after this. :)

No comments: